RAD READING-MARCH

This month I read a book called Rebound by Kwame Alexander. This book is about a teenage boy named Charlie Bell, Charlie likes basketball and comics. Charlie’s dad died from a heart problem a couple years back and he still hasn’t gotten over it. Charlie is getting ready for one of the best summers of his life until his friend steals a bottle from his neighbors yard so he can sell it for money and buy candy at the store. Everything is going good until his mom finds out and yells like she’s never yelled before saying that he is going to end up in jail. As a punishment his mom sends him away to his grandparents house so he can work and learn manners. His cousin Roxie invites him to her basketball team but since he is not the good he is scared and doesn’t want to join. But he does and he does good and gets to the championship, at the very end of the game with a chance to win the championship he has the shot that decides who wins, will he make it?

I liked this book because Charlie has a similar personality to me and I can relate to him in ways. My favirote character is Charlie because he is competitive. One quote that proves this is, “Then I practice shooting jump shots from the corner and she rebounds the ones I miss, which are plenty.” This quote shows that even though he is missing a bunch he is getting better so Roxie won’t destroy him in a 1v1 which he hates. My favirote quote from this book is, “If I had the right shoes, Charlie bell would never lose.” I like this quote because I said to my friend when we were playing basketball against each other if I had basketball shoes I would easily beat you. I like this quote because I relate to it.

One thought on “RAD READING-MARCH”

1. Please tell me more about what you loved about the book in the future. You say that you can relate to him, but do not expand on that. You have to explain statements that you make so the reader can know how you are the same! 🙂